Friday, July 25, 2008

Annoying spaceball.gif on flickr

As last week I created my flickr stream I also was exploring other ones. I saved some interesting pics as a future inspiration for my photos and found out that when you click right and want to save the pic, it only saves some weird spaceball.gif. WTF?!
Hm, this gif file is transparent image over the real image so you can't click on it and save. There are many ways to do get behind this, through different plug-ins, exploring cache, ... I present you two of them, solution for firefox users (but reproducable in other browsers):

  • The easy one that needs no plugin:
    1. click right on the page, not the picture
    2. click view page info
    3. click media tab
    4. find the image and click save
    5. viola! protection gone ;)
  • Get rid of spaceball.gif for ever
    1. you need a plug-in that blocks advertisements, I used ad-block plus
    2. create a filter for spaceball.gif (e.g. http://*/spaceball.gif)
    3. viola! no more spaceball, it's gone for ever
Hope it helped, good luck

Other howtos: Save images from lightbox

No comments: