Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My new old FED 3b camera

Recently wrote about my new camera, but forgot to post a picture of it, so here it is. And I made my first pictures with it on Ilford FP4 Plus, will post them as soon as I manage to scan them somehow. Anyway, this was my first roll of analog film and this camera has no exposure meter so I used the "16@1/iso on bright sunny day" rule. The results are not that bad for the first time :)



And some specs about this rangefinder:
  • Produced 1963-1980 (type B) FED, Kharkov, Ukraine
  • Film type 135 (35mm)
  • Picture size 24 x 36mm
  • Weight 25.4oz (719g) with normal lens
  • Lens LTM 39mm Industar 61 52mm 1:2.8-16
  • Filter size 40.5mm
  • Focal range 1m to infinity
  • Viewfinder coupled rangefinder
  • Exposure meter none
  • Shutter double cloth curtain
  • Shutter speeds B, 1-1/500
  • Diopter correction ring
  • Self-timer
  • Accessory shoe and PC sync connection

No comments: