Monday, January 24, 2011

First analog film and print developed

Finally I managed to develop my own film and also to make prints. I need to thank to a friend who had found time on me. The theoretical part was longer mastered through texts and youtube but it is still better to be there with somebody with practice.

Despite the negative is not perfect and the prints were just exercises, it was a great experience. The darkroom was not completely dark, there were light leaks I was afraid of. The developer tank was also leaking when turning. We had only tap water to work with. The enlarger timer just short circuited :) First we tried to enlarge on the wrong side of the paper, without success. :) Quite a thrill. I dropped the negative into the positive developer while enlarging :( Ah.

The only thing that bothers me are the water marks on the negative because of tap water. That needs to be made better next time. As I have everything to develop my own negatives plus some real experience, next time I'm going to do it myself. No more waiting 10 days to be developed by whoever for lot of money. That money will be spent on more negative :)

Today will scan the film and post some pics on my vivo page and probably few even here. Keep watching, bye. :)

No comments: